Friday, October 3, 2008

The Void

On days like these, I feel an overwhelming sense of emptiness. After two whole days of celebration, the adrenaline rush is over. A feeling of tiredness takes over and with it comes a sense of emptiness.
I feel empty mainly because the day is over. It is now night, and the day passed me by just like that. For many nights now, I had been sleeping late... and today the Debt Collectors of sleep have come knocking.
Late morning, I found that I couldn't keep my eyes open, thus my plan to catch a quick forty winks became a two hour slumber.
After lunch, the postprandial symptoms kicked in, and I succumbed then to another 2 hour slumber.
Now it is night; and the day has passed. Truly the day has passed, and I have now wasted it.
Its true what they say, that time and tide waits for no man. My tide has passed, and whatever good that I could have done today is gone. All that is left is to rue what might have been; and most importantly, to prepare for tomorrow so that the same may not happen.

No comments: