Saturday, October 11, 2008

Getting Productive

For some people who receive my e-mails, you would have seen at my signature my twitter handle.
What's twitter? Its a web service that let's you tell people in 140 characters or less what u are doing. You have a choice to let the entire twitter world read it, or to limit it only to subscribers (i.e "followers"). While being a web service, it also alllows updates from sms, instant messages and third party applications. It has also spawned applications that use this service.

So what? on a personal basis, it allows u to broadcast bits of information to everyone quickly (e.g. "its a girl!"). However, I tend to find it useful to just tell people information like "proposal done" or "off to a meeting, back at 1030". More useful from me are the updates from the people I follow, who posts things like: new blog post: yada-yada.

Some people are creative with twitter, like updating customers, complaints handling and things like that.

here's a blog post on how some people use twitter. Here's more info on Twitter. And if u want to just jump in, here.

Update:
Found this about how a company created a twitter profile for their client and how they used it to improve the customer experience. Check it out!

Anyone with experience really getting productive with twitter? I'd like to know!

No comments: